Industry Readiness Training Program
Targeted at qualified adults (age 22 and over) whose cognitive, developmental or intellectual disabilities typically would make immediate community employment unattainable, BAC’s Industry Readiness Training (IRT) Program offers participants the additional training and skill building they need to succeed in the workforce.
Through individualized goal setting and training, participants learn skills in high demand industries like hospitality, retail and light manufacturing at local community work “pods.” Its structured agenda is designed to also improve interpersonal, behavioral and general vocational skills.
Participants progress through various skills acquisition in the appropriate work pod training, then move into specialized On-the-Job Trainings (paid internships) in an area in which they have interest and share some abilities to be successful. Ultimately, participants will move forward from IRT into permanent job placement with our assistance in searching, securing and maintaining employment.
To ensure that hard and soft skills necessary to work in a particular employment environment are taught accurately and appropriately, an Industry Advisory Council (IAC) consisting of industry leaders throughout the community, is an integral part of the program.
The following professionals serve on the IAC:
- Joe Baker, Beef O’Brady’s
- Aleksander Bologna, Vocational Rehabilitation
- Thomas Charland, Harris Corporation
- Sheryl Cost, CareerSource-Brevard
- Scott Ellis, Brevard County Clerk of Courts
- Puneet Kapur, Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Palm Bay
- Tom Kammerdener, Aging Matters
- Mike Klenotich, Lucky’s Market-West Melbourne
- Emily Magee, Eastern Florida State College
- Pegi Marsh, Palmer Inn and Tennis Center
- Trudy McCarthy, EDC of Florida’s Space Coast
- Elizabeth Ortiz, Adcomm
- D. Travis Proctor, Artemis, The IT Company
- Eva Rey, The Viera Company
- Laura Sidoran, Eastern Florida State College
- Julie Thompson, Lotane & Associates, P.A.
Want to know more about the IRT? Email or call 321.735.8513.